SPECIFIC RIGHTS OF EUROPEAN RESIDENTS
Handknits Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring its compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
Under the GDPR, Handknits Pty Ltd is primarily a “controller” of Personal Data, as opposed to being a “processor”. As part of its GDPR compliance, Handknits Pty Ltd provides its services in a way that ensures:
- Personal Data (i.e. Personal Information) is:
- processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner; and
- collected and processed only for specified and lawful purposes.
- Processed Personal Data (i.e. Personal Information that is used, held or disclosed by) is:
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept secure, and not longer than necessary;
- not transferred to countries outside the European Union without adequate protection; and
- treated in accordance with individuals’ legal rights.
Whilst Handknits Pty Ltd strives to provide all individuals with appropriate access and control over their data, individuals covered by the GDPR are also able to:
- prescriptively restrict, limit or otherwise provide instructions to Handknits Pty Ltd regarding how we can use their Personal Data. This includes being able to object to how and why their Personal Data is used (e.g. by the removal of their consent for particular functions);
- request the erasure (i.e. deletion) of their information; and
- request Handknits Pty Ltd provides all Personal Data held about them in a portable format, meaning in a way that is structured, commonly used and machine-readable. Individuals who exercise this right to data portability are also able to direct Handknits Pty Ltd to transmit this data to other entities who they intend to allow to process their Personal Data.
Handknits Pty Ltd will allow and assist individuals that are EU Residents to exercise these rights, unless we have compelling and legitimate legal grounds not to (e.g. a legal obligation under Australian legislation, or if the Personal Data has been fully anonymized).